A couple of week back I wrote a jQuery plugin to embed custom youtube channel on your webpage. I thought it would be good to do a wordpress plugin too to the same. Thus I began this plugin. Now because I’ve already done few wordpress plugins thus development of this one was a breeze because I already have the jQuery plugin code that I developed and I already have the functions that I wish to use.
I named this plugin as jcwp youtube channel embed , I thought its a good name 🙂 I am still obsessed putting jc somehow in the plugin name
Lets check what the options screen looks like
A screen shot of the
Lightboxed video when thumbnail is clicked
There are many other options you can control how your videos are displayed. I’ve intentionally taken out autoplay settings because I think that do not add anything to the usability of the plugin.
- Channel mode This tells the plugin how to render the videos. Thumbnail mode will display static images for your videos and when user clicks on it video lightbox will be shown
- Channel name : This will be the channel name which you wish to include
- Maximum results Number of videos to display
- Start Index Pointer from where the videos should be shown. Handy, if you want to show videos from a given position
- Filter by keyword Look for keyword in the video title and filter the results
- Thumbnail width For thumbnail mode
- Video width Target width of the video
- Show video title Would you like to include video titles as captions
- Embed using Either use IFrame or old object Object embeds. I recommend you to use IFrame
- Sort by How do you want your videos to be sorted
- Include invisible ‘Content protected by’ link: Please check this checkbox. This is one way of supporting my blog and me.
- Browsers: IE9, FF13, Chrome 20, Safari
- WordPress 3.4.1
- Submitted to wordpress
- Settings page added
This is important bit. I generally fund my own stuff only except my Tea and Coke. So if you are interested donating a penny for my work. Consider donations! I don’t get many because generally people skip this part and go directly to downloads 🙂 but its always worth asking.
Its really simple to install this plugin, here are the steps that you need to follow
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Under Search, type in “jcwp youtube channel embed”.
- WordPress will now show a popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install my Plugin.
- If this is the first time you’ve installed a WordPress Plugin, enter the FTP login credential information. If you’ve installed a Plugin before, you will still need to have the login information.
- Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or failed.
- If successful in installation, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
- Settings are available from Settings menu on the left and under jcwp youtube channel embed
From the zip file downloaded form this page
I do not offer any more downloads because of the bandwidth cost that I was billed for in the past. All past downloads are still available but you can always get the latest version from wordpress.org
This plugin can be improved a bit. You can make a small donation that will keep my blood warm so that I won’t stop working on my WordPress plugins.
Where can I get it
- Will you add more features on demands
Yes! when I get some time
- How can I edit styles myself
Please look for jcYoutubeChannelEmbedd.css file under css folder
This plugin use prettyPhoto jQuery plugin for thumbnails mode
I hope that this plugin will be helpful to you in some form.