So a few days back I wrote a jQuery plugin to detect CAPS lock. I thought may be it won’t be used as much as I first thought. Everyone have their own set of requirements. I then wrote this WordPress plugin to justify jQuery plugin 🙂
I thought may be this could be helpful.
Lets start with couple of screenshots
Lets take a look on what results it will produce
This plugin gives you an options to make all password fields on your blog to show a tooltip message if user keyboard’s CAPS lock is on.
You can enable or disable this plugin just by setting ‘Enabled’ under Settings > JCWP Capslock detection > Enabled to “No”
Value: yes or no, defines if you want plugin to be in action or not without actually deactivating from the WordPress Plugins screen
- Tooltip message
This message will appear when user is trying to enter their password while they have their CAPS on
- Tooltip is HTML
Thanks to tipsy that we can have this. So a tooltip message can be wrtten as ‘Warning: CAPS on‘ with the single quotes
- Tooltip position
You can display tooltip in either top|left|right|bottom positions
- Use fade effect: Put it as yes if you want to use fade animation
- Offset: is the distance value from the password field. I’ll put maximum distance to 10px.
- Opacity: is tooltip opacity
- Link to author website: Just if you would like to support me and my work. Check that checkbox. I’ll appreciated that.
jQuery plugin Demo that is being used in this plugin .
Demo is available from my site demo pill.
- Internally used
- Submitted to wordpress
- Settings page added
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Under Search, type in “jcwp caps lock detection”.
- WordPress will show a popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install my Plugin.
- If this is the first time you’ve installed a WordPress Plugin, enter the FTP login credential information. If you’ve installed a Plugin before, it will still have the login information.
- Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
From the zip file downloaded form this page
- Upload unzipped plugin directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the JCWP Capslock on left configure your preferences.
I hope that this plugin will be helpful to you in some form.