So while I am doing an update to a mobile app that the company I worked has launched some months ago, I still carry loads of rubbish profiles in my iTunes. I felt like it about time I should get rid of those old profiles I used while I tested my last release.
Alright so without wasting much time, lets see how we can achieve this.
On Windows 7, Follow these steps
- Browse to C:\Users\YOUR_WIN7_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileDevice\Provisioning Profiles
- Delete them.
- Now Sync
On Windows Vista, Follow these steps
- Browse to C:\Users\YOUR_VISTA_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileDevice\Provisioning Profiles
- Delete the profiles that you don’t want.
- Now Sync with your iPhone or iPad
For Windows XP, there is only a small change with path, You can repeat the above steps as
- Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_XP_Username\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileDevice\Provisioning Profiles
- Delete profiles that are not required.
- Now Sync your iPad or iPhone
- Browse to /Users/OSX_USER_NAME/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles
- Delete profiles that you deemed invalid.
- Now Sync iTunes with your iPad or iPhone
That said If you just want to get Rid of a profile from your iPad or IPhone then do this
- Settings >
- General >
- Profile >
- Click on Remove button, that will get rid of that.
Just on a side note I want to tell you that next time you sync your device with iTunes then those profiles will reappear.
I hope this helps