While looking around on the nusphere website I couldn’t find any useful pointer to where I can just go and download a theme that is easy on my eyes. But then I found this page http://donatstudios.com/PhpED-Dark-Theme
Now when I downloaded the theme and try to install it on my PHPed it didn’t work so I thought may be I should edit it as per what I preferred because I already had a launching pad, thanks for guys at doantstudios.
Here is a screenshot of my editor appearance settings
Let me go through what you will need to do to install this theme. I could have written a quick setup.exe too but I remember my friend saying that its not always a good idea to put everything in a installer. But let me know I can do that to make it easier for you to install it.
Ok now lets go through the install steps one by one
Depending on your operating system go to either
- C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_WINDOWS_USER_NAME\Application Data\NuSphere\PhpED\config
Once you are in do this
- Close NuSphere PHPed 7.0
- Make copy of file hl.cfg — very important so that you can restore your old theme just in case if the new one doesn’t work for you or you did not like it.
- Now download the hl.zip below
- Extract the archive somewhere.
- Copy h1.cfg over existing file thus overwrite the existing file.
- If windows ask you to overwrite the file, you must click yes
This is important bit. I generally fund my own stuff only except my Tea and Coke . So if you are interested donating a penny for my work. Consider donations! I don’t get many because generally people skip this part and go directly to downloads but its always worth asking. Every penny is guaranteed to put up for nice work
Here are some key details for the theme
Font family: Consolas (Monospace)
Font Size: 12pt
Default Text color: rgb(255,255,255)
Line highlight: rgb(42,42,42)
Reserved Words: rgb(225,72,72)
Matching Brackets: rgb(0,0,255)
Comment: Foreground rgb(174,174,175)
You can view others settings user Tools> Settings > Editer Appearance/Syntax Colors
I hope that this helps